We appreciate your interest in doing business with the Department of Public Utilities (Department). We hope this guide will benefit you as a vendor. Our aim is to promote a climate for good business relationships. This guide will outline our procurement and invoicing guidelines.
As a local government, the Department is a subdivision of the State of South Carolina and is entitled to State Contract Purchasing and may use State Contract in lieu of bidding.
All vendors of the Department of Public Utilities are required to follow all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws in the completion of work.
Business License Requirements
Vendors completing work within the city limits of the City of Orangeburg are required to obtain a business licence. A City business license can be obtained by contacting the City of Orangeburg.
- Phone - (803) 539-3750
- Website - City of Orangeburg Business License
Prior to becoming an approved vendor, prospective vendors must be prequalified by the Department. To be prequalified, a new vendor must complete a prequalification form.The form may be obtained from the purchasing agent. Return completed forms by fax or email below.
Facsimile 803-268- 4098 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved and Current Vendors
Beginning in the summer of 2015 the Department will begin using a new Vendor Self Service (VSS) portal. Vendors will be able view RFP’s, bids, Purchase orders, invoice status and payment history. The VSS portal will utilize NIGP commodity codes. The Department will notify all approved vendors more information when the VSS Purchase portal is near completion.
All vendors must supply the following:
- IRS form W-9
- E-verify Affidavit
Vendors performing any service on the Department’s premises or utility system shall procure and maintain at all times the following insurance with minimum limits equal to the amount indicated below. The Department reserves the right to approve the insurance as acceptable and adequate. Should any of the policies be cancelled before the expiration date, a written notice must be delivered to the Department.
- General Liability Insurance: Minimum requirement: $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance: Minimum requirement: $500,000 each.
- A Purchase Order properly numbered and signed by a Department Director or the Manager is required for all purchases over $5,000.
- Manager, Warren Harley.
- Directors: Joshua Nexsen, Wade Holmes, Dave Durgin, Eric Odom, Richard Labrador
- Purchases not authorized by a Purchase Order, such as purchases via internet, mail, telephone, email or walk-in must contain the purchaser’s full name upon invoicing.
- All items must be shipped FOB Orangeburg, SC unless otherwise instructed in writing on the Purchase Order.
- All quotes provided to DPU must contain freight charges or freight charges will not be paid.
- All shipping labels and bill of lading must contain a valid PURCHASE ORDER number when authorized by a PURCHASE ORDER.
- All shipping labels and bill of lading not authorized by a PURCHASE ORDER must contain the purchaser’s full name.
- Unless otherwise authorized by a Department Director or PURCHASE ORDER, all items are to be shipped to:
DPU Operations Center
350 Sprinkle Ave
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Invoicing and Payments
Invoices should be mailed within 15 business days after delivery of goods and/or performance of services to:
Department Of Public Utilities or email@example.com
Attn: Accounts Payable
P.O. Box 1057
Orangeburg, SC 29116
Vendors can normally expect payment within 30 days of billing provided that proper invoicing requirements have been followed as listed below:
- A Purchase Order properly numbered and signed by an authorized approver is required for all invoices over $5,000.
- All invoices must contain a valid PURCHASE ORDER number when authorized by a PURCHASE ORDER.
- All invoices not authorized by a PURCHASE ORDER must contain the purchaser’s full name or the invoice will be returned.